Focusing on your online reputation is something you have to do. You have to know more about online reputation management if you want to be able to establish your own brand and be reputable in your own niche. Working with online reputation management would help you rank up the search engine rankings in no time. Here are 5 facts about online reputation management that could help you decide if working with one is the right move for you or not.
What Includes Online Reputation Management?
- Have an online reputation management strategy
Put in place a crisis management strategy
- You could make sure that you use some brand monitoring tools.
- Keep a lookout for the trends that are in your niche.
- You have to know who your audiences are so that you could put in the most effective way that you could reach out to them.
- When there are negative comments, make sure that you react quickly.
- So that your people know their roles, set it up beforehand so that everything would be a breeze.
Policy definition, guidelines, and the tone of voice
- Identify what is urgent
- Identify what is not urgent
- Response templates
- Tone of voice
- Policy documentation
- The responses that are urgent
- The responses that are not urgent
- Who is in charge?
- Prioritize tasks
- Set up your online management goals
- Define your boundaries and limitations
- Prioritize your ORM by impact
- Rank up the SERPs, especially when it comes to brand searches
Make sure that when people search up any keywords that are related to your brand, you are dominating the search engine results. This does not happen without a little Search Engine Optimization. A great way you could do this is through social media channels.
- Encourage your visitors and customers to leave a positive review
Don’t be afraid to ask your visitors and your customers to leave you positive reviews online because this would surely make an impact on your sales. Online reviews would help other buyers decide if they would buy your product or avail of your services.
- Have an audit for your online reputation
When you are looking for the perfect online reputation audit, you have to ask yourself the following questions that could help you monitor your brand:
- Is the overall sentiment of your business positive? Or is it negative?
- Do you have a lot of mentions? Are you popular when it comes to your online niche?
- Within your search results, what websites do you have control over?
- When they search up your brand name, what kind of websites pop up on the search engines?
- You could check your Google Analytics to check if the people who are visiting your website find your business website through search engines or through external sites.
- Monitor your brand’s mentions
Online reputation management is not only about your search engine ranking on popular search engines, it’s also about monitoring all of the possible conversations that you are involved in. You could use some brand monitoring tools to help you monitor brand mentions and help you manage these (may it be positive or negative) effectively.
Factors to Consider Before Hiring an Online Reputation Management Expert
- What are their performance metrics?
Specifying their performance metrics would help you gain insights into how effective they are when it comes to implementing the strategies that they may have so you have to keep in mind that they are going to have to give you the performance metrics of their management.
This would give you a better insight into their work ethic, how effective they are, and how they understand their business strategies because this would affect their performance once you partner up with them.
- What is their content development and how do they manage it?
If you want to rank higher in the search engine rankings, then the content is something that you have to put your focus on because it would help bring in more people to your site. The content that you put out to your website needs to have good quality, consistency and has back-links so that it would stick.
This is why you have to ask the online reputation management company that you are planning on working with if the content that they gave now is improving and if they have content development and some management strategies that would help your website move upward.
- What is up with their negative reviews?
You have to keep up with the reviews of the management that you are planning on working with and ask them about these negative reviews, complaints, or queries because you are somehow going to be associating your company or your website with them. Reputation and rapport are important to build and indulging your customers in any conversation are important to see how people are viewing your website so far.
- How do they handle negative feedback?
You could really see how much online reputation management is with how they handle the negative feedback that they may have. Negative comments are harmful to any kind of business, and if they go ignored then you are basically allowing your ratings online to go down, turn potential customers away, and could really impact your business.
Look at how they handle all of these and how they would address these problems. What are the steps that they are doing to help right their wrongs? What are they doing to rectify their mistakes?