GitLab fourteen.six, an update of the GitLab software package delivery system, focuses on enhancements for geographically dispersed software deployments. Help for Microsoft’s .Web six software package enhancement system is highlighted, as well.
Unveiled December 22, GitLab fourteen.six simplifies configuration of GitLab Geo, which now will allow for equally examine-only mirrors and writeable mirrors of GitLab circumstances. Geo helps globally dispersed groups speed up Git pull commands by mechanically working with the Geo web page closest to them.
Prior to GitLab fourteen.six, buyers could set up GitLab Geo with a single URL for all Git functions, but Geo replicas experienced to have their have URL for Website UI and API access, and the Website UI of the Geo replicas was examine-only, restricting buyers to viewing webpages and mandating that they execute modifications on the overall web page. With GitLab fourteen.six, Geo secondary web sites proxy publish requests to the most important web page even though accelerating most examine requests.
Even more, directors now can present GitLab buyers across the corporation with a single URL to mechanically use the Geo web page closest to them. Distributed groups benefit from accelerated
git clone or
git pull commands and a seamless all over the world practical experience, the firm mentioned.
GitLab delivers a absolutely free, 30-working day demo of its system with access to most Top-degree options. The Top tier provides safety, compliance, and portfolio management abilities. Somewhere else in GitLab fourteen.six:
- .Web six, launched as a generation launch by Microsoft in November, is supported in GitLab SAST (Static Software Security Tests), which checks supply code for recognized vulnerabilities.
- SAST scans now can be necessary to run on a frequent schedule or as component of undertaking CI pipelines, unbiased of the
- An action checklist is now provided for the GitLab Agent that logs actual-time situations. A very similar alternative is prepared for tracking CI/CD tunnel situations.
- Directors now can set a highest quantity of times that an SSH crucial continues to be legitimate.
- Non-public consumer contributions now show up in the contribution calendar graph.
- WebAuthn is now enabled by default.
- Concurrent with GitLab fourteen.six, the GitLab fourteen.six Runner was unveiled. This is a light-weight agent that runs build employment and send out results back again to a GitLab occasion.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.