Microsoft has launched version 16.5 of its Visual Studio 2019 IDE, with enhancements for mobile development, debugging, and C++. Released March 16, the new version of Visual Studio 2019 is available from the Visual Studio site.
Visual Studio 2019 version 16.5 brings a amount of debugging advancements. The Pinnable Homes instrument for taking care of debugging is now available in C++ for Info Recommendations and the Autos, Locals, and Check out home windows. An additional new capability eases debugging of multithreaded programs, by permitting users to watch which managed thread is keeping a .Internet object lock in the Phone Stack Window, Parallel Stacks Window, and the locale column of the Threads window.
The skill to debug processes running in Docker Home windows containers has also been included. Beforehand, this was constrained to Docker Linux containers.
Enhancements for .Internet mobile development include XAML Hot Reload for Xamarin.Kinds, which speeds up development and can make it more simple to iterate over an app’s consumer interface. The application does not will need to be rebuilt with each individual tweak, as variations to the XAML file instantaneously exhibit up in the running app.
Other new capabilities in Visual Studio 2019 16.5 consist of:
- For C++ and CMake cross-platform development, builders can interact with saved remote connections over the command line. It is also a lot easier to get the job done with CMake initiatives, with builders equipped to incorporate, get rid of, and rename resource information and targets in CMake initiatives from the IDE without the need of manually enhancing CMake scripts.
- Builders can change
- IntelliSense now supports completion for unimported extension techniques.
- String interpolation refactoring can be simplified, to make much more concise and legible.
- The .Internet Item Allocation instrument has been current to enable visualize day much more effortlessly and reduce time required for memory investigations.
- .Internet Main tests now can be profiled.
- Debugging assistance has been included for the Open up Enclave SDK for trustworthy execution environments.
Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc.